Who We Serve
Children who attend The Parish School have communication delays and learning differences, with average to above average learning ability. Individualized, small class instruction is vital for these children to reach their full learning potential.
Students who have communication delays and learning differences may have additional diagnoses that include:
- High-functioning autism spectrum disorder
- Auditory processing disorder
- Expressive language disorder
- Receptive language disorder
- Social (pragmatic) communication disorder
- Certain genetic and neurological disorders
Children who benefit from our program often have a history that includes:
- Low Apgar score
- Low birth weight
- Chronic ear infections
- Delayed developmental milestones
- Family history of communication delays and learning differences
- Attention or behavior difficulties
For a full evaluation, please contact the The Carruth Center.
The Parish School does not discriminate on the basis of a child’s race, gender, creed or religious beliefs.