Camp Connect at Camp Aranzazu
April 21-23, 2017
Giving teenagers the social tools to connect with others
The Parish School’s Camp Connect is a weekend, overnight camp held at Camp Aranzazu for 12 to 16-year-olds who struggle with social skills. Campers learn to connect with others, adapt to social environments and solve social problems while enjoying a camp experience with team challenges, rock walls, fun activities and more.
Counselors have a background in speech-language pathology and special education, and provide direct therapy within small groups (5:1 student ratio). From the founder of Camp Social Superheroes, Camp Connect continues to embrace the Social Thinking® methodology.
Camp Connect focuses on the following concepts:
- Perspective taking
- Social observation skills
- Understanding and forming friendships
- Conflict resolution
- Hidden social rules for teenagers
- $800 for the week (includes bus, food, lodging, therapy services and activities at camp)
- $85 intake fee is required for all new Social Learning campers
Renee Attaway, M.S., CCC-SLP
Director of Social Learning at The Parish School
713-467-4696 x. 191