- Every individual has the right to communicate and connect – to tell their story, to share their feelings, to have their voice.
- Creativity and collaboration create conditions for students to thrive.
- Students thrive when education is focused on the whole child, which encompasses the cognitive, social, emotional, physical and talent development of children.
- Children learn best through multisensory teaching and experiences.
- Parents are valued partners in their child’s education.
- Provide a supportive educational environment for children who struggle in traditional settings.
- Teach an experience-based curriculum integrating communication, social competence and academic preparedness.
- Provide a positive, nurturing environment to build self-confidence, independence, self-advocacy and resilience.
- Group children according to their strengths and needs by using multi-aged groupings in each classroom.
- Develop Therapy Care Plans that will provide the optimal opportunity for each child to move at his or her own pace through the curriculum.
- Remediate language and academic weakness using therapeutic teaching techniques.
- Utilize and teach students learning strategies and problem-solving skills.
- Involve parents in all aspects of their child's development and education.